Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Natasha Has Colic

No Dinner Tonight
March 26, 2009


Everyone knows the relationship Natasha and I have together. The Mafia Princess versus me. The Mafia Princess usually wins and I have no doubt that the little town we live in knows I am not the owner of the pasture. I simple plant grass seed, clean up poop and Alfred is responsible for paying the taxes. Natasha owns the property. We should just put her name on the deed and be finished with it.

A short history for those of you who live in big cities, and don’t about the NOAA (sounds like NOAH) Hazard Radio. (It has nothing to do with the ark.) The first time this radio went off, I honestly  had no idea where the siren sound was coming from. Dogs were barking and I was in a panic. Alfred strolls out of his office and calmly explains its NOAA. I hate it when he strolls. The only NOAA I know has an ark.

Yesterday the NOAA Hazard Radio repeated went off. Tornados, thunder storms and heavy rain were coming our way. I decided to feed the horses early in an attempt to stay dry. Everyone is in their stalls and I proceed to do my Meals on Wheels routine.

Natasha is not eating and she has gone poop in her stall. I call Beth and ask if she could not be eating because of this upcoming storm. We discuss colic. Beth explains that a horse can still have colic even if they have pooped. I put halter and lead rope on the Princess and we begin walking the yard. She keeps lying down and I cautiously continue to make her get up. I pull her off side and we do circles as the rain begins to fall.

I call Beth again and ask about some medicine I have for Noel and would this help her. No was the reply. I call the vet as suggested and I get the answer machine. We keep walking and the rain drops are turning into buckets. Some two hours later the Princess decides to poop. I call poor Beth again and she says don’t feed her tonight. Ah geez, there is going to be H E double toothpicks to pay in the morning.

I stand with her in her stall as we watch the rain fall. I put the blame squarely on Beth’s shoulders about no dinner tonight. I lay my arm on her neck and tell her how scared I was. She turns to me and I’m thinking I’m about to get a nose job. I slowly remove my arm and step out of the stall.

I tell the boys everything is going to be fine. Noel is thrilled, Moose is not. I head to the house to take a shower and keep an eye on Natasha from the kitchen window with the binoculars. Stall hoping begins and Moose is left standing there wondering where he will be sleeping tonight.

Natasha is back to her old self. Thank you Jesus for saving Natasha!

No comments:

Post a Comment