Tuesday, September 28, 2010

As I Wait For Annie

 


April 11, 2009  

It was seven days ago that my Noel left for Rainbow Bridge. I stand at Noel and Tecs grave and try to understand. I feel comfort knowing that they are together, but I still miss them. I guess I always will. Death is just one of those things we all have to get used to. 

I can still smell you in your coat. So many tears have been shed as I bandage myself in your coat. My Gentle Giant I would give anything to hold you one more time. Kiss that pudgy nose of yours. 

Annie comes on Monday and I know you will be happy to see your stall being used for someone from the Habitat ranch. Annie needs lots of love and attention and I will try to help her forget the wounds from past abuse. I will hug and kiss her like I did you. 

I know she isn’t you. I will follow her lead as I attempt to make her feel loved and safe at her forever home. I know you will be with me as I try to make her feel comfortable. I’m going to do our Lucky Charms meal for her. The one with all the little broken pieces of apple wafers and cookies mixed in with your food. 

My Gentle Giant you have taught me well. I know you will always come to me in my dreams with Tecs. I know you will help me, help Annie. Thank you for being strong when I wasn’t, patient when I couldn’t figure out which way the polo wraps went on and so gentle when I handed you treats. You were a gentlemen right up until the end.

By the way, Daddy’s lettuce has grown back strong and fuller than it was before. Natasha tried to climb on the porch today. Silly girl. She is getting used to you not being here. I’m glad she's doing so well and I know you are watching over the pasture and barn.

As always, from my heart to yours…………'I love you more, than even one more day'. Run strong, run free, find Tecs and keep a look out for me. I’m just one heart beat away from Rainbow Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment